2014 already?!?

I have definitely fallen off the blogging bandwagon. I just finished the second installment of Goofy Weekend 2012, but the memories are a bit fuzzy after all this time. Sorry the post just fizzled out at the end there. Suffice it to say, I went on to complete several more races in 2012 and 2013, including another Goofy Challenge and the inaugural Dumbo Double Dare. Rather than try to recap all of those races, I'm just going to resolve to restart my blog anew and will just jump in with where I am now.

I did not run today, which is a little sad. New Year's Day is such a great day for a run, but I'm battling a cold. Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal, but I'm getting ready for the inaugural Dopey Challenge a week from today and don't want to risk this cold turning into something worse. The Dopey Challenge consists of a 5K on Thursday, 10K on Friday, half marathon on Saturday and marathon on Sunday. I will take a few days of vacation and will then head out to California to run the Tinker Bell 10K and Half Marathon the following weekend. It should be a fun, hectic, and slightly crazy start to my 2014 running calendar.

Stay tuned for all the gory details and race recaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment