Disney Wonder 9-Night Alaskan Cruise: Day 2

Chuck had purchased the largest internet data package (1000 MB for $89), so I was able to start blogging this trip when I woke up at an insanely early hour. Thanks, jet lag!

I was able to get some more rest before grabbing a quick to-go breakfast of pastries from Goofy's Galley. My main goal of the morning was to make it to the 9:00 AM Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Member Celebration. All-you-can-drink mimosas while people tell me more about DVC? Yes, please! Although Chuck's parents are also Members, I was the only Oehrlein who made it. I was really hoping to win a prize, like the $200 onboard credit, but it was not to be. I did get a cinch backpack, four hats and a couple of lanyards (not to mention the free mimosas), so it wasn't a total waste. I also learned that the most popular Adventures by Disney (ABD) itinerary for first-time ABD vacationers is Costa Rica, so I shared that piece of info with my fellow Dream Come True Vacations agents. Sounds like a wonderful vacation experience, and I'd love to try it someday for myself. 

I rejoined Chuck and Beth in the room and started sorting through the various invitations we had received. Richard was off doing his own thing in the Edge, but Beth was happy to spend time with us, so just the three of us went to the Castaway Club Gold and Platinum member reception, this time featuring hors d'oeuvres and bellinis. Captain Mickey joined us and we chatted with a couple of very nice Platinum members seated next to us. Here's the obligatory photo with Mickey:
After grabbing a quick lunch, I decided to visit the Rainforest Room. Unfortunately I only had a few moments to spend before meeting the kids to watch Frozen in 3D. I was a bit afraid I'd have buyer's remorse due to the steep price tag, but I was glad I bought the pass when the spa attendant gave me *nine* jars of salt scrubs that apparently come with the package. Hope we have enough room in the luggage!

Here's a photo of the stone lounge chairs and fountain in the Rainforest Room. Such a beautiful place to relax!

I rushed out to meet the kids and went into the Buena Vista Theatre. Although we've seen Frozen many, many times before, we had never watched it in 3D before. The Get a Horse short was excellent with this effect. 

As the song goes, "The Golden Mickeys were tonight," and it was formal night to boot. Everyone else dressed for dinner before the show, but I didn't think I could get ready in time, so I just went down in my jeans. Chuck, Beth and Richard got to do a red carpet interview with Rona Rivers while I stayed out of the picture with Chuck's parents. 

The show was wonderful, as always. We enjoyed the ASL interpreters, who bring so much to the performance and are high caliber actors in their own right. We stayed to say hi to Amy after the show, and she was happy to see us again. Beth signed a few things to her, which was great practice. 

Richard, our game show fan, was dying to get to Studio Sea for The Feud. I told them I'd meet them there and rushed back to the room to change into my formal dress. When I joined them, they were all having a great time shouting out the answers to support their teams. 

We all walked down to Animator's Palette for dinner. Although it was our first night there, they didn't do the show menu since it was Golden Mickey night. The walls remained black and white, which still makes for a fun dining experience. 

Here are the menus:

I ordered the ravioli, salad, and the shrimp and mushroom tagliatelle. Delicious!

Here are a few other entrees:

Once again, Richard decided to leave for the Edge before dessert. Here are our options:

I went with the crème brûlée:

On the way out, we had a chance encounter with Donald. I love those special moments on the ships. 

We went to the lobby and posed for a few formal shots. Then we saw Mickey and Minnie come down the staircase for their photos. 

What a nice way to end our evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment